Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Utah Law

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by FWP, Jul 28, 2002.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Does anybody have a list of requirements to be street legal in Utah?

I know you have to have mud flaps long enough to cover at least 50% of the tire. Any other special stuff? Like the doorless thing- mirror requirements??

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'll say this loosely and without any resposibility but from what I have seen, stay in the Moab area and you shouldn't have any problems. Drive it on the highway or in SLC and you will (more than likely). You can see some of the wildest things on the street there that I'm sure are not up to the law and where towed in. You should play it as safe as you want. Wheel with 50+ other Blazers & Trucks and I'm not sure they will know who to pull over.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Dave /forums/images/icons/smile.gif , I gotta drive 100 miles or so on the Utah side, so I really would hate to get a ticket /forums/images/icons/frown.gif going to or coming from Moab. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

I don't remember off the top of my head but it has something to do with frame height.

You should be just fine with if you are still running 35's. Most people who run 35's don't have flaps. The will get you if you are running super wide rims. They will want to see some fender flares.

Besides, I think if you aren't a resident of the state they can't give you a ticket for not meeting our laws. Maybe.

Someone on here has a link to all 50 states lift laws.

5. Storm Trooper

No problem Fred. I've been going there for a while and haven't had any problems. I'm not one to talk about laws though (I hate people telling me what to do) and have never met there spec.s. If they wanted to they could have nailed me for several items. Now that I have a trailer.....lets see: Beadlocks, tooo high, maybe too wide, no mud flaps, doing 5 mph (thats what it says when it goes all the way around /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif )and maybe a few others. Only thing is that from Colorado you don't hit any major cities.
    Please don't do what I do though, guess I still have some of that motor city madman in me. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Oh, and I can drink a double without ordering a side car and can have more than one drink in front of me in most states! (dam utah laws) sorry...had to vent. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

6. FWP

FWP CRS

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    guess I still have some of that motor city madman in me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Uncle Ted is one of the coolest guys on the planet /forums/images/icons/cool.gif The first song I ever played live was Cat Scratch /forums/images/icons/smile.gif (man that was a long time ago, I'm gettin old /forums/images/icons/blush.gif )

Oh, and I can drink a double without ordering a side car and can have more than one drink in front of me in most states!

[/ QUOTE ]
    You sound like me /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I asked for a double Margarita and a beer at Applebees the other day. The gal looks at me and says "we can't do that, you're only allowed to have 2 drinks in front of you, and that would be considered 3". So I tell her fine, bring me a regular and a shot of tequila. I add the shot into the Marg, and order a beer /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

7. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Pretty much they won't bother you if you have mud flaps that cover more than half the tire, no matter how high you are oh and also a front plate, they'll nail you on that all the time. And he is right, In Moab just about anything goes. But Highway Patrol outside Moab's immediate area will always pull you over to shake you down with no mudflaps or front plate.

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm confused, are you saying they will shake down out of state rigs for no front plate?

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hmmm, I have no front plate and no lower rear quarter panels and haven't had a problem yet, I did get pulled over one night for a headlight out, he hasstled me but just gave me a warning, I don't think they can ticket you for not conforming to Utah laws if you are registered in another state, but I could be wrong.

10. Storm Trooper

Saw Ted last night. He still kicks a$$. I had a couple of pictures of my truck on the stage the whole concert that I wanted to get signed. He checked them out but didn't do anything about it (I was front row when he played "Storm Trooper"). I'm still in recovery and I'm getting too old too! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
    I asked for a double Margarita and a beer at Applebees the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Amazing isn't it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. FWP

FWP CRS

Saw Ted last night

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky &amp;#*!(*$^&amp;$%!** /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. FWP

FWP CRS

Found this link, lengthy reading /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . Utah state vehicle code

Didn't find any exceptions to out of state vehicles, but it may be in that mess of laws somewhere /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I think I'll find a stick on mirror somewhere to mount on the driver side /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Another state can not impose there vehicle requirements,.. ie mudflaps, bumper heights, window tinting, etc.. upon your vehicle until you become a resident of the state for a predetermined amount of time, usually 30 days. This does not apply for headlamps, turn signals, etc. which are required in all states. If you commit a moving violation just remember.."sign hard, four copies." /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

14. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks Steve /forums/images/icons/smile.gif , see ya out there. Just curious, how do you know?

15. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I have been a Missouri State Highway Patrolman for almost a decade. Get to drive fast for a living! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. FWP

FWP CRS

Dohh.... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . Cool, I didn't know that. So if I get any hassle from the Utah state patrol, I can refer em to you /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ?

17. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Get to drive fast for a living!

[/ QUOTE ] Ain't that the truth! I was crusing along I-70 in Utah yesterday at 80 MPH and a Utah Highway Patrol car breezed by me doing at least 100. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

18. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Arizona doesn't even give out 2 plates anymore... they havn't for almost a decade now, unless you order personalized plates, historic plates, or specialized plates.

-Rich

19. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Just have mudflaps and INSURANCE and you'll be ok in Utah /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif