Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uti mmi or nti

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FatBoyBlazer, Mar 9, 2003.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

has any one ever gone to any of these schools?.........i'm looking to got to UTI in arizona(pheonix) but i have to look into housing so i didn't know if there was any one that is going to the sep-october classes.......thanks, ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

UTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm goin to UTI (phoenix) in april, my buddy and i are takin the same classes and sharin an appt. if u want any info i could probably help or get you some numbers to call. they have an appt locator in phoenix that i'm dealin with right now he's findin us a few places to look at and on the 27th we're headin down there to check some places out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I say UTI if you want to work on vehicles. I was going to go there, but I decided to go back to college for awhile. They are supposed to be very good.

If you want to work on bikes, then MMI. My cousin just graduated from there about 2 months ago. She really liked it and did very well. She said the school was very good.

MuddySub: I wouldn't let a housing agent from UTI help you with a apt. I hear that they get you into an apt. at a price above what it should be. You might look some on your own when you get there. I heard that from a former UTI student. Also, I wouldn't look at an apt. on 27th AVE that is south of Glendale road if I where you. The neighborhood there isn't very good. Losts of crime. My parents house is about 1/2 mile from UTI campus off 27th AVE & Campbell rd., and I wouldn't park my truck on the street at night if you get my drift. That is with very few mods done to it too. If my driveway was full at night, I would park my truck on my front lawn to get it off the street. I know it is a redneck thing to do, but I would rather be a redneck and park my truck under my window then leave it on the street in the Ghetto.

If I where you I would look for apts. farther from campus in a better neighborhood. Anything northwest of 35th & Glendale rd, or there is a decent apt complex that my cousin used to live in at the corner of Glendale Rd. & 19th ave. Less scumbags in those areas. They are farther from campus, but the people are a little better, and your stuff is a little safer.

The area around UTI is low income minority dominated. A fair number of which are scumbags, and will steal anything they can. Trust me, I know from experience. (if that sounds prejudise, I don't care, because its the truth)

Also, I will warn you now, avoid the Autozone at 27th & Camelback Rd. at all costs. (actually all Autozone's remotely close to UTI) You will not get any decent help (if you don't speak spanish) and it will take forever. The main Napa for Phx. is about 1/2 south of UTI on 29th Ave & Thomas (napa is expensive though), and what I always did was go to the Checker on 27th & Glendale, or the new one on 35th & Bethany Home Rd. Checker is a little more expensive then autozone, but they are alot easier to deal with. worth extra time and money for the less amount of frustration.

If you have any questions about neighborhood or anything like that about that general area of Phoenix let me know. I lived in that area for 19 years.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

don't worry i'm not letting UTI handle it. i know where the campus is and i wouldn't park my truck outside at night either. and i wouldn't live near there. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Im set to start at UTI phoenix on august 25th... didnt know there was so many of us on here that are goen! pretty sweet.