Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

UTI (Universal Technical Institute) Rep.coming tommorow, anyone go here?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TheBlazerKid, Jan 22, 2003.

1. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Anyone go to UTI? I am seriously thinking about going for there automotive/diesel,Industrial class. its either there or Wyotech... andy input on either?!

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Im not sure about wyotech but UTI is very expensive. i dont remember exactly how much but it is. i think its around 9k per class /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. but if you can afford it more power to ya

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i was signed up ready to go...even flew down to pheonix to look at the school...and then my dad talked me out of it... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i still want to go but no way i can aford it

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I happen to be an Alumni of Wyo Tech, and must say its a first rate automotive institution. Pricey, yes, but they stress Professionalism, Academics, and Promptness...plus, require that you send out a bunch of Letters of Application, Course Outline, and Resumes to wherever you want to work upon graduation. I graduated in from there in the spring of 92 and since the economy was in a full recession, no-one wanted to hire an 18 year old punk right out of school, so I joined the military.

Just remember, even if you NEVER work for a place fixing cars, the money you will save over the course of your life by working on your own cars and knowing when some rinky-dinky mechanic is trying to give you the shaft will more than pay for itself. Hell prolly equal a modest home (at least in North Kack-a-lacky!!!!)

Good luck>>>>>>>>Rob

5. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Forget these one year, learn as quick as you can places. Find a community college near you with a good program and go there. They generally have good equipment, good instructors, lot cheaper tuition, and they go slower so you have time to learn. And dont fall for the "you dont have to take Gen Ed classes here" line, most community college technical programs dont require a very high level of math or english.