Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Utility/Lumber rack for 93 suburban

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by COCHEV, Oct 13, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i posted about this a while back and wanted to bring it up again. i'm using my 93 burb for work cause i sold my truck and i really need a beefy lumber rack for the top. does anyone know of any aftermarket manufacturers that make em. i know a custom one will be some bucks. anyone???

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Why not just use a confer or yakima rack?

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i need something with sides on it but open in the front and back. just like you'd see on a lumber rack on a pickup. much better for tying off lumber and ladders.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

find Heavymetals pics, he has exactly what you are wanting on his

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

check out the rack on the van at the bottom of this page. thats what i'm after for my burb.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

yeah, mike(heavymetal)has one very similar to that (homeade that he found in a wrecking yard) on his burb

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Jason, check out this pic, you might also pm heavymetal and see if he can get you some better shots of that rack /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

well, today i saw a burb just like mine with a bitchin custom rack just like i want. it was going the opposite way in traffic and if i could have fliped a u-turn right there- trailer and all- i would have tracked him down. i'll have to see where he had it made. it had about 4 to 6 legs down to the roof on each side and was made of some nice beefy square tubing. painted black and nice and purdy. ooorh oorh oooorh! (thats my best tim the tool man impression) i guess tonight i'll be able to tell my wife what a nice rack i saw today and not get in trouble for it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i guess tonight i'll be able to tell my wife what a nice rack i saw today and not get in trouble for it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you still get smacked /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

probably! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif