Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uwharrie April 30th-May 1st

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by 87BrnRsd, Apr 6, 2005.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Just letting yall know that I and a couple of friends plan on heading to uwharrie on saturday april 30th, and sunday may 1st. I am going for sure, my neighbor has an xterra and his friend has a wrangler and wants to go. Also a friend from school has a wrangler and wants to go. I am going to try to find some more people to go. Elliott will be going if we get his engine done in time. We are in the process of tearing it down now, and are re-building it ourselves in our garage. If we get it put together in time, he will be going too. Just thought yall would like to know. If you cant make it, I will be going a lot more this summer so I will see you next time.
    -Harrison

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If gas prices keep me out of ECBB then i will be there. :D

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Awesome! Yeah, gas prices are killing me too. Lucky for me though, my grandparents have a 4 cylinder nissan pickup truck that someone gave them and hasnt been started for a year. They dont know if it runs or not (I believe it did when the guy gave it to them), but they said if I get it running, then I can have it for free!! I have been looking for a gas economical car/truck for a while now and I hvae no money so a free one would be great. Im going to go work on it sunday. Right now im in the process of preparing my truck for uwharrie. I have a few new mods since last year. I got a much freer flowing and better sounding exhaust now. I got a considerable power gain from cfm-tech's tbi power package. Im installing missouri offroad's custom shock mount kit saturday so that I will actually have some rear shocks. And muddytazz is going to be selling me a cheap 8-lug wheel so I can mount my spare on it. Its nice knowing that I have a full size 37" mtr spare now. Anyways, I hope to see you there.
    -Harrison

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Oh no, you're not skipping out

5. sapper

Yea i might, its 8 hours from here so its going to around 3 tanks of gas each way, at 50+ bucks a tank thats a expensive weekend. :mad:

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

heading to uwharrie

Where is that? What is there?

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Uwharrie is in Eldorado north carolina which is about 4 miles nort of troy on highway 109. There are quite a few trails there ranging from easy to difficult. It is a very popular place for people to go from nc. Not anywhere near as hard as tellico, but it does offer its share of tough spots. The trails weave through what used to be the uwharrie mountain range so they are pretty narrow, some have sharp curves, and quick steep hills. They are red caly mud when it rains (virtually no traction whatsoever) and hard as rocks and dusty when its dry. Its a lot of fun, but I dont know how far from them you are in georgia, and I dont know if its worth it to drive that far. Search around on here and you may be able to find some pics of it and i think there are even some video clips of us wheeling some trails.
    -Harrison

8. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a plan to me.

See ya there.

Roab

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I just may roll the Samurai up there to show ya'll how it's done import stock style....with the 29" TSL/SX's and the welded rear diff. That's all depending on my exam schedule though. I imagine I'll be able to pull it off.

Just look for the little red Zuk with no top or doors and the 60" Hi-Lift jack on the hood (the damn jack is wider than the truck is....HAHA :D) .

10. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

If someone's gonna have an open seat, I might show up. I'm gonna be in Charlotte for the weekend, and Saturday till about 5 and Sunday afternoon I'm free and will be lookin for somethin to do, so lemme know.

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Alright yall, just an update. I plan on going down and camping saturday night. I will be at eldorado outpost around 10 on sunday morning (a little earlier or later depending on how late of a night I have sat night). So I guess we can all meet there. I hope to see a few of you guys. Ill be in a black K5 with mt/r's.
    -Harrison

12. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is this still on for Sunday? Thinking I may be able to slip out of the house. :xmas: Whos gonna make it?

13. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Man, after riding shotgun for 10 hours on Saturday, I'm reaaaaaally thinking about wheelin the Yukon again, but I think I need to go make my heep 4wd again, so I think I'm gonna have to bail. One of these days I AM gonna make a CK5 run, I swear. :D

14. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Im gonna make it still. Last I heard, yeild to me is comming. I dont know if paul is comming or not. My friend in a 2001 wrangler is going (he wont do anything radical because he never goes wheeling and doesnt want to mess up his paint job), and my other friend in a 97 wrangler is going if he can get the money for his wheelbearings in time, and he is usually fun to watch. Im trying to find some more peeps, but who knows. Ill still be there and would love to see some ck5'ers representing.
    -Harrison

15. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I will be there, truck running like s h i t or not. Plan on pulling out of here Friday afternoon and wheeling Sat and Sun morning. I might have a Ranger tag along on 36's coming with me. Not sure yet but he was talking about it.

16. sapper

I too will be there, i have friday off, so depending on if the wife is coming i could be there (and would like to be) pretty earlly friday, just to pay the fees and mayby shoot my bow a little.

17. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I still have the rig packed and could be there if yall are really gonna show :whistle: My steering is really scary, I've aquired some serious gearbox play for some reason. :blush: But it did fine in tellico, just had to coach it a little. Somebody give me an actual day and I'll see if I can make it. I'll come up that morning and leave the same evening.

18. sapper

Right now i plan on leaving arounf 4 am saturday with my son and being there around 7am, drink some coffee and git on the trail.

19. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I will prolly head up Friday morning. I am pretty sure I am off Friday :grin: , but Kristen may not be.

I do have a few repairs to make from this past weekend.

If we all do go, we need to make a plan to meet at a specified place/time.

We will camp at that big campground with the shower facilities.

Rob

20. sapper

Is anybody going to be staying at Arrowhead? I think im going to get a single for saturday night mainlly so i have a place to park the trailer and of course try to start another fire and BS :grin: