Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

uwharrie run tomorrow (11/20) ?

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by thezentree, Nov 19, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

some friends and i are gonna do a uwharrie run tomorrow, and i figured i'd extend an invite to the CK5 crew. im meeting some people in mt pleasant, but we should be at eldorado outpost around 10 or 10:30.

2. thezentree

i am not a web wheeler:

[​IMG]

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

That is one sick offroading machine. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

j/k w/ ya, looks like fun, more pics, more pics!

4. thezentree

[​IMG]

walker evans has nothing on me.

[​IMG]

that guy can drive /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[​IMG]

this jeep broke a shock on this climb

some videos:

me and my marvelous tree-hitting skills:
    http://imatt.us/video/Yukon.wmv 25mb

andy with no regard whatsoever for his truck's body:
    http://imatt.us/video/Andy.wmv 18mb

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

dude don't make me bring the zuk up there one last time just to show that jeep what it's all about.

and you almost got flamed really bad. for a second there i thought you were the dude that took his tahoe up there and broke the front diff on the WAY to Kodiak rock and then proceeded to break the rear diff on the BYPASS of Kodiak rock.

6. thezentree

hahaha, im not gonna wheel my DD hard enough to start breaking important drivetrain parts. the bypass isnt much of a bypass though /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    the bypass isnt much of a bypass though

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA last time we were up there i was in front of the group and decided to try and not break anything so i took the "bypass" when the rest of the group showed up they thought it would be easyer to go through it /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. thezentree

oh, ash, when did the exploding-diff tahoe incident occur? i think i remember hearing something about that, but it seems like it was a while ago /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    the bypass isnt much of a bypass though

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA last time we were up there i was in front of the group and decided to try and not break anything so i took the "bypass" when the rest of the group showed up they thought it would be easyer to go through it /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Let me re-prhase this for you. You took the by-pass and everyone else was probably going to take it until elliott ended up re-arranging his door on that stupid tree. After watching that, the rest of us decided it was maybe a little better to just go up the rock and save our doors. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    -Harrison

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Hey, that video where the white toyota messed up his bumper looks kind of familiar. I believe I was sitting in the exact same spot this past summer in the rain, trying just like he did for about 15 minutes to get up that rock. John has a video of it somewhere. I have it on dvd but dont know how to load that onto the internet. Anyways I didnt end up making it. It was excessively muddy that day due to rain and we all had to be winched up it. Except for paul who somehow managed to take the by-pass without hitting the tree. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    -Harrison

11. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, that video where the white toyota messed up his bumper looks kind of familiar. I believe I was sitting in the exact same spot this past summer in the rain, trying just like he did for about 15 minutes to get up that rock. John has a video of it somewhere. I have it on dvd but dont know how to load that onto the internet. Anyways I didnt end up making it. It was excessively muddy that day due to rain and we all had to be winched up it. Except for paul who somehow managed to take the by-pass without hitting the tree. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    -Harrison

[/ QUOTE ]
    Not all of us /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I also when when it was dry this year and walked right through the rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah the rain really screwed us up this year. Thats all right I have alot in the works and will go over Kodiak this summer, one way or the other. Oh and I winnched myself up.........The jeep kept threatening to hook his line up and help my winch out but I got up on my own. Bypass sure would have been nicer though /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah the rain really screwed us up this year. Thats all right I have alot in the works and will go over Kodiak this summer, one way or the other. Oh and I winnched myself up.........The jeep kept threatening to hook his line up and help my winch out but I got up on my own. Bypass sure would have been nicer though /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Kodak rock shouldn't be a problem with 38+ tires. I started to try it but was riding alone so I didn't. I'll definately try it next time if someones there to watch and laugh. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I did however take the far right line up Daniel this year./forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif That was for Sapper /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Its harder to walk up than drive, trust me I walked it 4 times looking for my spring bushings and shackles. At the top a kid videoing said "hey your shackles are gone", I had lost them on the first switchback up Daniel /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Did the right line with the right front spring flappin. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

14. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah but you have something that we don't (yet), a front locker......... Sure it helps out alot. Hoping I have some $$$$$$ left over from the cage and new motor/tranny set up to get me one of those new fanagled things......