Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Uwharrie this Sunday anyone?

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by Mudbug1979, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Me and a couple buddy's of mine are planning on going up there this Sunday. Wondering if anyone else might be up there. Mostly gonna be j@&ps up there, just wondering if anymore K5's were going to be there. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

possibly... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, I will call ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Clay

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

HMMMM. Ill give that a possibly too. I dont have to work sunday, so there is a better chance than not that ill show up. Give me some more details as to what time to meet, and what trails we are doing. Thanks.
    BTW- Have either of you been there before?
    -Harrison

4. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

I have but it's beens 6 or 7 years ago,so basically No I haven't because I'm sure it's changed completely.

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Oh yes. I have seen pictures of uwharrie from just 4 or 5 years ago and its completley different. Every year I have been its different. A fried told me that he used to go about 5 years ago when you could drive up kodiak rock in 2wd. I wont even try kodiak in 4wd, locked, and on 37's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    -Harrison

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Me and a couple buddy's of mine are planning on going up there this Sunday. Wondering if anyone else might be up there. Mostly gonna be j@&ps up there, just wondering if anymore K5's were going to be there. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I wish! Got to fix the unbreakable NP205 before I can go back. I hope to be ready to go back in Aug.

7. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

yep been there too much /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I was up there for a club night run July 3rd. Thats the last time I have been. I started going there on atv's in 1993 and started with the trucks in 1996. That place can change drasticly in just 1 year!

Clay

8. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I hope to be ready to go back in Aug.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I should be done with old skunk by mid to late Aug /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh yes. I have seen pictures of uwharrie from just 4 or 5 years ago and its completley different. Every year I have been its different. A fried told me that he used to go about 5 years ago when you could drive up kodiak rock in 2wd. I wont even try kodiak in 4wd, locked, and on 37's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    -Harrison

[/ QUOTE ]

I did kodiak two years ago- it was ok. But that was when it was DRY.

LAst year, I went, and it wasnt so dry! The erosion was rediculous, the downpour made it impossible to have any traction. Forget the swampers, cause the clay was hardpack, only the top formed slippery goo!enough so you couldnt dig down deep for traction. I think a set of chains woulda helped a lot.

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I know what you mean. Last trip we took it was raining in the morning and it is nearly impossible to find traction in the red clay when it gets wet. Slicker than ice.
    -Harrison

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

So, who is going for sure? As long as somebody else from on here goes, I will be there. Also, what time are we meeting? I know it will be at eldorado, but when? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    -Harrison

12. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I sent you a PM.
    -Harrison

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Im having a little last minute problems with the old blazer, so it looks like I am not going to be able to make this trip. I dont think mud and wheel bearing grease get along very well. Sucks too because I really have the wheeling bug biting me hard right now. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I think it would be a good idea if all of the local nc boys post our phone numbers up so next time someone decides to take a trip, all we have to do is call the other people. Mine is 336-707-2802. I will definitely make more uwharrie trips this year, so I will do my best to notify you guys asap so that some of yall can go too.
    -Harrison