Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

V Belt Interchangability!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Batmanjr, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Alright.... Never done it, So I'm going to ASk! Can I take the V Belt setup on a 6.2L and install it on a 6.5L NA!???! I'm looking to replace my toasted 6.2L with a NA 6.5L.... But I don't want the serpentine setup! Can it be done!? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Does the newer 6.5 water pump turn the same direction as the old 6.2's? If it does then I think you should be able to swap the other accesories and the water pump pulley and be good to go...I think /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

The 6.5 is the replacement for the 6.2. The Army no longer stocks the 6.2 for replacement. So, yes the V belts will work BUT the 6.2 water pump must replace the reverse rotation 6.5 unit. Your DS shop should have some experience with this. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

That might be true for the long distance, but I can GUARANTEE you that the Army is still giving 6.2L out to replace the old worn out 6.2L..... They're not quite there yet..... Maybe another couple of years! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif