Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"V" Series Truck Fender Tags...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1-ton, Jul 20, 2004.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

\"V\" Series Truck Fender Tags...

Did the Chevrolet "V" series of 4X4 pick-ups NOT come with fender tags?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: \"V\" Series Truck Fender Tags...

my v20 burb just has 2500 on the door, nothing on the fender.

3. 1-ton

My V3500 Crew Cab only had the 3+3 tags on it when I bought it. I wonder if it originally had the 3500 tags on the door like your Suburban does?

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

My 91 V3500 came with emblems on the lower part of the doors.

5. 1-ton

Exactly what emblems where these? Is it the tonnage rating like 55 Willy said where on his Suburban? Was there ever a tag that had the "V" designation like the "C" and "K" does?

6. 1-ton

[​IMG]

After doing some research, I have found that my V3500 Crew Cab is supposed to have originally come with chrome side molding, and nameplates that only said "3500" on the doors. Apparently, before I bought the truck, somebody removed all the side molding, nameplates, and then repainted the whole truck, thus leaving only the 3+3 nameplates just behind the rear doors.

I was looking at NVRENUF (a.k.a. John) Crew Cab, and I see that your future plans are a Detroit Locker. I figured your truck would have already come with a Detroit Locker from the factory...mine did. Your truck sure looks nice with that 6" lift and 35" tires. I am going to set up my V3500 similarly, but I am going to keep it at 4" of suspension lift, put a 1" body lift from ORD, and then move back up to a set of 35" tires with about 10" wide rims.

[​IMG]

Right now I have been busy spending a lot of time and money replacing all the brakes, bearings, tires, and steering linkage. I have probably spent $2000 just on this, and did all the work myself. One of the next things I need to buy is a new steering gear box and pump. Then I am going to dump the exploding saddle tanks for a custom auxiliary 45 Gal. tank in the bed of the truck, which will also eliminate all of that excessive fuel tank selector switch wiring and fuel lines.

[​IMG]

Do you think these V3500 Crew Cabs 4X4's are underpowered with only a little small block 350? Mine does well on the city streets, but when I get on an open Interstate with a 65 to 75 MPH speed limit, the little block is woefully inadequate. I have to keep the throttle halfway to the floor just to keep it up to speed. I am used to some of my big block trucks that only took about 1/8 throttle to keep it cruising down the Interstate at 80 MPH for hours at a time. I want to get one of these for my V3500...

[​IMG]
    ZZ502/502 HP GM Performance Engine

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

My 89 K5 just has the 1500 on the trim below the door, and the tag on the lower corner of the hard top that says Silverado.

I only remember the 1500,2500,3500 on the trim for the trucks... not sure if there was something on the cab post behind the doors or not.

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Funny, I just realized that in the pic of my truck there aren't any door emblems. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I took that right after I had it repainted but obviously before I replaced the emblems. Mine never had the body side moldings but then again it's a strippy military truck.

Yeah, I've now added the Detroit in the rear, a Trac Lock in the front, 4.56's (originally had 4.10's), Spicer locking hubs, and a dually rear sway bar. My next face lift area is the interior, I've got a nice dash pad to go in and I want some front bucket seats from a K5 or Sub.

My 350 is definitely WEAK. It's a great dependable motor but I'd be afraid to tow with it. It runs good now so I'm not going to mess with it until after my K5 is finished. Eventually, I would like to put a 454 in it but that's a long way off.

9. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

On the trucks I do not think they had fender badges (v series).
    I have an 89 v30 silverado,crew cab, It has an emblem on the door with a little golden bowtie & then 3500. This is below the chrome trim down at the bottom of the door.