Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

v3500 Brake Hydro Boost??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by deadeye, Jul 29, 2006.

1. deadeye

deadeye Registered Member

I've never seen one of these in my life. I've always used trans fld for pwr steering fld. Is this still ok with this whacky hydro power boost that runs 'thru' the pwr steering pump, hope I got that right. BTW, I know the master cylinder; it’s the same as any good ole master cylinder.

2. eeyore

eeyore Registered Member

i have one of these and was told by previous owner to run nothing but power steering fluid in it.thats all i have used,but couldnt swear thats right.i did see one in a wrecking yard that had atf in it.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i would stay p/s fluid my self. less chances of problems.

and the master is diffent on the back side for the heavy 3/4 and 1 tons. look close but bigger. stud hole is the same tho.

4. deadeye

thanks both of ya, I'm going to stick w/the pwr steering fld then.

5. sweetk30

dont forget to blead it the correct way if it went empty. if you dont know it has been covered before in hear do a quick search.

6. deadeye

SweetK30, are you talking about bleeding the pwr steering or the brakes? Did a search on bleed and only found brakes. I know how to bleed brakes, and the way I've bled the pwr steering before is to turn wheels all way left and then right till all the foam is gone.

7. sweetk30

p/s blead out specs. jack up truck. then fill resivor. turn wheel left/right till empty. refill . keep doing till wont take anymore. fire engine no more than 8-10 sec. shut down recheck and fill if needed. when it wont take any more run engine and pump brakes and cycle wheel to make sure air is out.

these steps help keep the most amount of air out of the system when bleeding .

8. deadeye

Got it! Thanks sweetk30!!! The pump brakes and cycle wheel is new to me, kool.

See my other thread on the mpg? Been a busy morning, but the site has ALREADY helped me a LOT!