Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

V_A_C_U_U_M

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by KRUM, Nov 30, 2002.

1. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

does anyone have a diagram of the vacuum system?
    reason i ask is i have found some cut vacuum lines(2). first one comes out of the pump & into a T. the line going to the passenger side is cut right at the T. the line going to the drivers side goes into a little box on the firewall & theres an in and an out and when it comes out of there it is cut so my vacuum isn,t really hooked to any thing. i haven't checked to see if i have vacuum cause i have my 700r out & swapping in a T400 any ideas,pictures,sketches would be helpful & i'm still not sure where my vacuum regulator for my T400 goes?
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    thanks,
    Jerry

2. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

What year is it?

3. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

87' 6.2 700r soon to be 400T
    thanks,
    Jerry

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

The book I have doesnt show the 87 diagrams! Maybe someone else will be able to you.

5. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

what does your book have? my hanes doesn't have much
    thanks,
    Jerry

6. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I can tell you that the one that goes to the passenger side should go into the firewall and connect to your A/C to control your vents (i.e. Fresh air vent, defrost, etc..) If you have a 700r4 the one going the other way (on mine at least) goes to a double switch, one is the TCC (torque converter control) and I believe the second one controls the valve that opens and closes in your exhaust (right in between the manifold outlet and the exhaust pipe)
    This is the setup on mine, I hope this helps.

7. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I have a chiltons it shows 85 and 86.

8. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I think one side of the tee goes to the fire wall, the other goes to another tee one part of that tee goes to the epr solenoid the other to the egr solenoid. Both are located next to the vaccuum pump towards the drivers side valve cover. The epr sol. has a line that runs to the epr valve in the exuast, the egr sol. has a vaccuum line that goes to the egr valve. Hope that helps

9. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

yeah my a/c controls havent worked since i got the thing (wonder why) thanks for the info.i would say the 85 and 56 would be the same?its the silverado package if it matters and i've found like 4 open leaks & i hope my vacuum pump still works.yall know how much those suckers cost?
    thanks a lot guys,
    Jerry

10. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I think the cost between $100 and $200!!

11. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

the line that comes out of the epr sylanoid was cut so i will be replacing it to the valve in the exhaust correct? the egr is already there and the one that goes to the passenger side is my ac controls correct? i still have one more to run down i haven't had a good look at it yet but it has a regular size vacuum line that runs into a T one end of the T isn't hooked to anything but the other has a tiny hose almost like the hose on a mechanical oil pressure gauge any ideas?
    thanks i'm almost
    later,
    Jerry

12. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    replacing it to the valve in the exhaust correct

[/ QUOTE ] Yes that is correct.
    the one that goes to the passenger side is my ac controls correct

[/ QUOTE ] Should be I havent looked at mine yet.
    i still have one more to run down i haven't had a good look at it yet but it has a regular size vacuum line that runs into a T one end of the T isn't hooked to anything but the other has a tiny hose almost like the hose on a mechanical oil pressure gauge any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ] I have no idea, could be a gage, wheres the tee located?

13. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Was this a former California model?

14. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

THE TEE WAS HIDDEN BEHIND THE VACUUM PUMP AND THE LITTLE HOSE RAN TOWARD THE HEATER CORE AREA BUT I STILL HAVE TO TRACK DOWN WHERE IT CAME FROM.I WOULDN'T THINK SO I BOUGHT IT HERE IN TENNESSEE
    THANKS,
    JERRY

15. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

The little hose that runs to the heater core area is your a/c vent controls. It should hook up to the big black box on the passenger side (on top) and distributes vacuum to the different controls. I think it would be the same w/ a/c or not. Also, what kind of intake do you have. If you have a C-code intake, a vacuum line should go into your air cleaner and plug into a port on top (EGR valve). It's used to open a valve that allows exhaust to flow back into the intake for quicker warmup. It runs from the EGR switch.