Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Va K-5ers

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by bee32, Oct 22, 2001.

1. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Looking for trails in the Hampton roads areas. Or nearby. Anyhelp would be appretiated. I like the Idea of maybe setting up a Jamboree. Some weekend.

Brian
    83 K-5 4" on 35's

2. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

i know this is an old post but i would really like to know if anybody found anything closer than the beach in corolla, NC

3. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

What's your location?

Brian
    83 K-5 4" on 35's

4. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Hey I am settin up a run fer this weekend thaught I'd let you know. If you can make it let me know.

5. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

sorry didn't get back in time, my blazer is down for the count right now, i stripped out the rubber matting on the floor only to find huge rust holes, when i get it up again i am going to tellico for a weekend trip. did you go out this weekend.

6. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

oh yeah, i am in va beach in the kempsville area.

7. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Your not that far from me. I finally got face to face with Dan. He was re-painting his. But man it is alot bigger than mine. And it runs good. He told me of some spots right near his house. Look awsome in the photos he showed me. I didn't make it out since I couldn't find another full size to tag along. I aint gonna get stuck without another one around to help out. And I always go out with the intention of gettin stuck. Wouldn't be any fun if it didn't happen you know. Any way my cell number is 270-2575 if ya ever want to get together and chew the fat.

8. Kevin108

Kevin108 Registered Member

Hey, what's up guys? I was just carousing this board and noticed the thread. I'm from Suffolk. No, I'm not a K5 guy (am in the market for an 87 K10...) but I am a 4x4 enthusiast. I'm all about taking some trips and stuff since there's NOTHING (nothing legal anyway) except Slade's out in Smithfield. Always up for getting a drink or shooting the breeze and showing photos or whatever with other 4x4 guys. I'm out here about 5 mins from Chesapeake Square Mall. Shoot me an e-mail at kevin108@pavementsucks.com and you can check out my truck (Don't laugh, it gets me through everything I point it at! Heh heh.) at http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.cgi?ride_id=355

9. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

beers this weekend at sneeky petes on princess anne road and edwin. not a bad place to hang out, and always a few big trucks in the parking lot.

10. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

What day and what time and I'll see if the wife will let me out or see if she wants to go.

11. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

When I am here which is not going to be alot I'll let you know if we ever get together. Looks like we might try to meet up this weekend. I leave next week for six weeks so the wife might be alittle upset if I take off without her. But I'll see how that goes.

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm in Roanoke, and if ya'll want to meet up over at George Washington National Forrest sometime I'd be up for it, I hear it's not that difficult but would be a good place to meet up and goof off.

13. Kevin108

Hey guys, I just remembered I posted here a while back. I'm moving up to a full-size. The S-10 is more trouble than it's worth, even though everything in it has been repaced. Heh heh. Anyway, I'll letcha know what I end up with! Lemme know when the next event is!

14. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Just Got Back. Will be in town for about a month. I will try to meet up with yall.

15. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Have you gotten a new truck yet? Let me know how it goes.

16. Kevin108

Yesterday I bought an 87 pickup, longbed, 350, fresh 700R4 w/ cooler, Corvette servo and torque converter, power everything, 4" Skyjacker lift, new 33x12.50-15 ATs on new Alcoa rims (it'll fit 35s), Pioneer head unit, 6 disc changer, two big speakers, an amp, (I don't know much about stereo stuff), getting ready to head down to Nags Head for a few days. If there's still such a thing, I'm gonna take it out on Oregon Inlet to see how it does!

17. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. Let me know how it goes.

18. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

if you are going to nags head, turn up the road and head to corolla, get on the beach and go back to like mile marker 9 i think, just follow the signs for the recyling center, and there are some nice little dunes back there, also a little mud hole, but i think that is private property.

19. Kevin108

Well I just got back and had a blast. The first day down I pulled some hot (coughhighschoolcough) chicks out when they got their Bronco II buried to the axle in the soft stuff. Had a friend come down with a 92 Wrangler and we did a lot of beach running on Oregon Inlet and Carova Beach. Went down Sun morning and came back Thurs night. Had a great time. Can't wait to go back. I love it there. I've got a couple pics I'll put up. There's some pics of my Chevy and my friend in his 92 Wrangler playing around on some crush and run in the back yard at http://pub95.ezboard.com/fs10extremistsfrm14.showMessage?topicID=203.topic

20. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Looks good. Loose the Jeep. Or lift it. HAHA. Just kiddin. When you gonna lift the truck. I like the colors. But they wouldn't last on mine. I am gonna do a run in Chesapeak on Sunday probably. I gotta fix my exhaust on Sat before the race. And some other stuff. Later