Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VA Rocky Run Trip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Aug 14, 2000.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Any more details on this yet? When and where are we meeting on Saturday? Anything we need to bring? I can't wait....

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ok...I drove through Harrisonburg this weekend, and here is our meeting place. On exit 243 there is a cracker barrel (you can see it from the road). We are meeting at the cracker barrel at 12 noon. As far as what to bring... Depends if your camping or not. Boss and I are bringing some fishing poles, and I'm gonna bring some hotdogs and chips for everyone to eat that night. Boss is bringing the beer. If you can think of anything you might need, bring it on. All you other people who are deffinitely going can you leave a post so I have an idea of who's going.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, I was just about to email everyone and let yall know about the meeting place, I'll still do that and give more detailed info like directions and stuff. But yep, obviously the Boss will be there. And yes, I am bringing the beer. Hope you can booze, I'll bring a good amount. I'll bring a good amount of food too. I just won some good money this past weekend on a huge BeerPong tournament so that's where the money is coming from. LOL. Anyways, check your emails later today, and you'll see one from me for more details. And everyone who is going, please post here, that would help.
    Boss

4. johnny reb

We can build a fire if we want to. I mentioned to The Boss that we would need some firewood, so if anybody has some firewood that they could bring along, that would be great. Also, if we want to cook up some burgers and dogs, we would need a grill. I have a smoker grill that is kinda bulky. I could bring it if necessary, but if someone has a mini-grill that would be even better. So, if you have any firewood or a mini-grill that you could bring, please post a message here.

5. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

6. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Hey, I'll be easy to recognize when I show up. I think I deserve the "Ugly Truck" award.

I'm right in the middle of a bunch of work. Primer is over about 2/3rds of the truck. I have bushwacker flares, with room for wide tires, but haven't bought them yet. So it looks pretty odd.

Oh well, I assume this isn't a fashion show.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I've got a little Webber Smokey Joe that I was planning on bringing. As far as firewood, I keep a hatchet with me and was just planning on cutting up an old fallin down tree. But if ya'll want to bring firewood feel free too.

89 K5 Silverado

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well take a look at my site for my blazer. Keep in mind I mounted my new tires, and I added 2 KC lights to the front bumper (wish they worked [​IMG]). I'm sure we've all seen Boss's rig, how bout yours Johnny Reb?

89 K5 Silverado

9. johnny reb

I've got a black 86K5 that right now is covered in mud from my most recent wheelin' adventure last sat. night. I'll probably clean it up a bit before this weekend. I've had it for about 3 years and it has only 1 or 2 trail scars. I just dinged up the right front on sat. though. It's my daily driver so I try to keep it looking good. A few dents here and there add character though. I've got Chevy clearance lights on my roof, a set of Hella fog lights, and a push bar, other than that it's pretty much stock.

10. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Looks like you guys are going to have fun. I wish I could go but I just have one small problem. I DON'T HAVE A LICENSE! Yet that is, gettin it Oct. 1. If you all do this annually or something count me in next time, I am in Raleigh, NC, so I would have to convince my parents to let me drive up there (my dad is a safety nut). Well hope you have a good time. Take a lot of pics. Good luck and happy wheelin.

Dawson
    88 K5

11. Boss

Yeah, It should be an annual thing, so you could definately participate next year. I'll be definately taking a lot of pics and will post them. Thanks dude.
    Boss

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm bringing my camcorder also, if I can find a way to transfer the video to the PC (I don't have $100 for the program and hardware), I'll post some clips on my website.
    If any of ya'll have the equipment let me know, and I'll send a copy of the tape to ya.

89 K5 Silverado

13. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I have a win tv card which makes me able to watch tv on my computer, I can hook a VCR up to it, and it has a "VCR" function where you can record video into a .avi file I think. I will mess with it this weekend I am pretty sure I can do it, but I don't know how the quality is going to be and the sizes. Let me know when you get back and have the tape and maybe we can work something out.

Dawson
    88 K5

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Sounds good...and even if the quality sucks it would be sweet as all to go to my website to watch our K5's in action.

89 K5 Silverado

15. johnny reb

I was able to score some firewood last night. We had a big storm here last week and it knocked some trees down in my neighborhood, so I loaded up the truck. I'm going to chop it up tonight and I'll bring a few pieces along.

16. Boss

Dude, I like that camcorder idea. That would be cool to have that up on your site man.
    Boss

17. Boss

Hey Johnny Reb,
    Do you still have those mufflers? Or did you sell them already. Just wondering, b/c if you do, I am interested in purchasing them. Bring them to the run if you don't mind.
    Boss

18. johnny reb

Sorry, Boss. That kid came through with the money. I sent them to him last week.