Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacum pump on 91 6.2

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by mpascino, Dec 7, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever change one? Mines dead. I got a price of $160 for a new one from autozone, are they really that expensive?
    Thanks,
    Mike

The jeep eater ......jeep it's what's for dinner[​IMG]

2. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have never priced one , but it's very easy to replace . Take the bolt out of the hold down at the base . take it out and slide the other one in

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

First of all, the vacuum pump from the local parts store is probably a rebuild. GM used and still uses a pump made by Lucas, and I can guarantee that it will cost you more than $160......

Like 6.2 said above, replacing the pump is very simple. It's located in the same place as the distributor on a gasser, and is removed and replaced very easily......

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

4. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

The whole pump is not to blame. Just the silver pan shaped vacuum pod. You can get one through Diesel Injection Services in Texas. I'll get you the number. The are $115 with a $50 core or something like that.