Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacumme to vent system on 89' Burb?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ_Overdrive, Feb 6, 2004.

1. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

Vacumme to vent system on 89\' Burb?

OK, I tore into my vent system and replaced the "guaranteed" broken plastic vent clip on the vent - heat/defrost door. I took some advice from others here and purchased three of them!

Here is my problem. It appears there is no vacumme in any of the lines that control the various valves on the distribution box. I checked the fresh air (passenger kick pannel) and the heat/defrost vacumme valves and the lines are there but when I move the switch from A/C, vent, heat, defrost none of the baffeles move. I kept the glovebox and vent/heat cover (the one to the right of the trans hump) off so I could see any movement, but nada. The manual control (cable) for hot/cold works fine.

Any ideas on were to start looking for why there may be no vacume reaching those valves?

Thanks for any info.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Vacumme to vent system on 89\' Burb?

Take a quick peek at the tiny plastic line in the engine bay, coming thru the firewall just above the ECM's hole. Make sure its connected to a good vacuum source. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan