Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum advice needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 17, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey just wanted to get an opinion on vacuums. I know everybody here must vacuum a lot /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. Lookin at gettin a Kirby. It's like $1500 but man this thing cleans stuff good. Anybody else have one? Is it really worth the money or should I just get a 60 instaed lol /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif let me know /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man dont waist your money with one of those darn kirbys... They suck /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

my wife bought one last year, as far as vacumm's go, the thing rules does everything, even has a HEPA filter. we paid cash about 1500 bones as I remember /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

The vacum we have is a Electrolux Gardian comes with a 25 year warranty. I think we paid about $1200 a few years back.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I have a Miele Blue Moon, with Turbobrush head. Awesome vac and so quiet it's hard to tell when it's running. Miele Vac

That said, look for CFM when picking a vac. Amps don't matter. A cannister vac generally is more powerful than an upright. With a turbo brush head on a cannister, it'll be more versatile with less hassle than an upright, tho many like uprights better for some reason.

You do get what you pay for with vacs, the really good ones don't come cheap, tho there are overpriced ones out there too.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Auction, lot of 15, $3.00

7. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

serch thatk30guy's post, he had some awsome tech about vaccumes in a post of his /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif