Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum Diagram

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by porboy, May 7, 2002.

1. porboy

porboy Registered Member

I just put a new 350 crate motor in my 75 suburban. In my hurry to get the new motor in I forgot to label all my vacuum lines. THere aren't many but I don't want to mix them up. If any body has a diagram and could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
    By the way I am running a 4mv quadrajet carb and the distibutor has the vacuum advance. Thanks in advance.

Jason Gutzmer

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You only need three lines to be honest. Your vacuum advance should be hooked to the port on the carb that won't suck at idle, but when you rev it, you can feel vacuum. There is a line on the back of your air cleaner that controls a flap that lets in warm up for cold days. It should be hooked up to a source with constant vacuum, usually the tree behind the carb. PCV valve is pretty much a no brainer, a big port that fits the hose. If you have cruise, then that line also gets full vacuum. Just start it with the hose plugged and then pull out the plug and feel for suction and an idle speed change.