Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vacuum diagram

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by K5Blazed, Apr 3, 2003.

1. K5Blazed

K5Blazed Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on priming an '83 6.2L fuel system. I bought a one-way hand pump deal so I could suck fuel all the way to the secondary fuel pump. I know to take off the pink wire on the injector pump (why is this?), but have to wait for my batteries to fully charge back up to try again. I was hoping that I could just crank it for a while to get the mechanical pump to do some of the work and help get it started. This is very frustrating trying to get it primed, so any help would be great.

On a second note, I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out the vacuum situation. Particularly, where does the (TH350)tranny vacuum line hook up to on the vacuum aparatus? I think this is why it won't shift out of first gear(a month ago, when it used to run /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif). Thanks.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You disconnect the pink wire so the injector pump doesn't keep trying to inject fuel that isn't there while you crank it over. Once you have fuel through the filters connect the pink wire and crack the injector lines.

Crank for 10-15 seconds and let the starter cool for a minute or two then repeat until there is fuel dripping from the injector lines. It really helps to remove all the GP's (easier on the starter)

I found that I had to do this a few times until I could see a mist of fuel spray out of the GP holes. If you have a mist through the GP holes there is no air in that line anymore.

No idea on the vacuum...sorry. (Mine is a SM465 and non AC, I have no vacuum anywhere)

Rene

3. K5Blazed

K5Blazed Registered Member

thamks, i got it started, finally /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, but still am looking for the vacuum hookup.

4. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

On a second note, I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out the vacuum situation. Particularly, where does the (TH350)tranny vacuum line hook up to on the vacuum aparatus? I think this is why it won't shift out of first gear(a month ago, when it used to run /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif). Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vacuum line goes from vacuum pump to the side of the injection pump,where is this valve(VRV or VCV?)and from there it goes to vacuum modulator.
    If it doesn't shift correctly,first check all lines for leaks.I had leaking line,and it would not shift out of first very easily.