Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum Hose Diagrams?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by climbingmadman2000, Aug 27, 2004.

1. climbingmadman2000

climbingmadman2000 Registered Member

Hi - I'm looking for a vacuum/emissions hose diagram for my '73 K5. Any suggestions for an online source? There are Mitchell and Motor guides that might have it, but they're at libraries a long drive from here...

Thanks,

Eric

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Any junkyards nearby??---I have found looking at the trucks I needed parts from,that most of them still have the factory vacuum hose diagram sticker stuck under the hood--if you are luky you may find a truck the same year and so on,and you will have the correct routing--the yard I frequent let me chop out the sticker part of the hood with an air chisel so I could have the diagram,for the motor I bought,since it was rusted junk anyway--.You may have luck at a local dealership,sometimes the stickers are available still through the parts dept,not sure if they can get you a picture of it on their computer though,they might have a service manual that would show it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. climbingmadman2000

climbingmadman2000 Registered Member

Thanks - that's a good idea. However, this truck is bone stock and has the emissions sticker under the hood, no vacuum hose routing diagram...so I suspect they didn't do that in 72-73.

I ordered a repro shop manual from Chevy Duty...that oughta have it.

Eric