Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum injector pump?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Tybee, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

On the passenger side of the injector pump there are vacuum lines on my 84 there are wires. Will this work on my 84 can I change out the vacuum stuff with my electrical? What year is this from?

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Do the lines go into the pump? Or are you referring to the vacume switch on the linkage? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. You must have a spare pump that you're looking at?

The 6.2L with a TH400 behind it utilizes a vacuum controller mounted on the right side of the pump to help control shift points.

The 6.2L with a TH700R4 behind it utilizes a TPS mounted on the right side of the pump which controls TC lockup.

Both of these devices are different and have different functions and are not interchangeable.

However, both devices are just bolted to the pump, so they can be removed and placed onto another pump.

Casey

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The 6.2L with a TH400 behind it utilizes a vacuum controller mounted on the right side of the pump to help control shift points.

[/ QUOTE ] That would be it. Thankyou