Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum leak on my 89 Burb, below the tbi (TPS sensor)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jul 9, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Ok... let me cover what the engine is real quick... its a 96 short block, with L31 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake (spreadbore), and a L98 roller cam. I've got an adapter to go from spreadbore to TBI, which fits great. The problem is, there seems to be a MASSIVE vacuum leak below the TPS (the sensor that is in the passenger, front of the TBI.) I can hear it leaking, and when I spray it with carb cleaner while its running, it nearly chokes out the engine.

There is a new gasket installed, and both surfaces were clean when it was installed. Goofy thing about the gasket is... it would appear that its not supposed to cover this area of the TBI. Which I can't figure out. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

HELP! PLEASE! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

-Dan

2. KRAZIE87K5

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ttt /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I bet I know your problem. Did your adaptor have the holes drilled and tapped for mounting the throttle body either backwards or forward? If so, check the extra bolt holes, they will leak if not plugged. Use 5/16"-18 x 1/4" long socket head set scews and locktite them in place. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. KRAZIE87K5

AH HA! Right you are sir! As a matter of fact, there are two different bolt patterns in the adapter... I think you might just have the answer there! You da man Neil! I'll take a look at that tonight.

_Dan