Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vacuum line question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by caryhenry, Dec 11, 2002.

1. caryhenry

caryhenry Registered Member

I am in the process of removing any unneccesary vacuum lines, and my question is this: if I remove the vacuum lines which do not affect the main components, do I still need to cap off these lines?

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Yes, cap off everything that is not running to something. Otherwise it is a vacuum leak that can cause weird idling or strange operation of the other components that are still hooked up.

What are you thinking of removing?

3. caryhenry

caryhenry Registered Member

where can I buy caps for the vacuum lines?

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

At Office Depot, they're called binder clips, some folks use golf tees. What you should do is trace the line back to the manifold or carb and pull it off. Then cap the nipple that you just pulled the line off of. Kragen has these caps, called vacuum caps(whoa) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. They're in the section with the HELP! stuff or with the hardware that comes in the blister pack. hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif