Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum lines *HELP*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by js4x4, Jul 18, 2004.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

When I tore down and replaced my head gaskets, I failed to write down where the vacuum lines go. I tried to follow the sticker on the doghouse, and noticed its from an 84, carberated..I have TBI. The lines should be close, but following that diagram, the engine promptly stalled. I wish I knew someone else that has a blazer so I can just look and I'd have it. Anyone have some pics, or a diagram online? Its a 305 TBI, has all the smog items (california frowns on takin that stuff off) It runs, but I don't even have the vacuum advance hooked up. Thanks for any advice!

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I sat here and browsed thru 80+ postings and found a diagram more like mine, actually someone posted a msg that was more helpful >
    >Uhhhh.
    Line one off timed port on drivereside front of carb to Vac Advance.
    Line 2 from port at base of carb front center to PCV.
    Line 3 from constant port on passenger side of carb near choke to the Thermac in Air cleaner.
    Line 4 Intake between carb and distributor goes up passenergside of fire wall and into cab for HVAC controls.
    Line 5 back of carb bas to Brake vacuum Booster.
    Line 6 (iff equiped) T off intake vac port where HVAC ties in to Cruise control.

So, problem fixed! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif