Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum lines question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ecameron87, Jan 6, 2006.

1. ecameron87

ecameron87 1/2 ton status

I have a few questions about where to hook up some vacuum components. I recently converted from a quadrajet to a Holly ProJection unit (TBI). It only comes with one port to hook up a 5/16 vacuum line to. I need two of these ports. One for the brake booster and the other for the PCV Valve. Right now I have the booster hooked up to it.

Can I tee off of the booster line and hook the PCV line up to it?

I am afraid that I will loose braking power this way. My manifold vacuum has just one line going to the tranny.

Can I take that line and hook it to one of the unused smaller ports of the TBI and then hook the PCV line to the manifold vacuum?

Also what happens when I run at high RPM without the PCV Valve hooked up?

Thanks

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

NOt familiar with projection, but if you just got it, even if it's used, call Holleys tech number and they will tell you what to do. The manuals, if you don't have them, are all online on their site as well.

3. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

The brake booster should go to a manifold port behind the TBI (in front of the distributor). There are adapters available that will screw into that intake manifold port and have two outputs, or you can tee it off that one connection to both the transmission and the brake booster. THe PCV should go to the large port on the TBI.

4. ecameron87

OK, I will go look for a fitting that will screw into the manifold vacuum. Thanks for the help.

5. ecameron87

Does anyone know where I can find a fitting that will work for me? It looks like a 3/8 iron pipe thread.

6. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

well, I got mine at Kragen in their "performance section", but any hardware store should have them in the plumbing section.

Do you not have one already installed in the manifold? If you do, you can just buy a 'tee' at a hardware or auto parts store and split the vacuum that way.

7. ecameron87

I do have one at the manifold, but it is just big enough to put the line to the transmission on it. It doesn't have one big enough for the brake booster (5/16).

8. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status