Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum Lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ArmyEd, Jul 1, 2001.

1. ArmyEd

ArmyEd Registered Member

Does anyone have any sort of diagram or something that can help me get my vacuum lines striaght? I have a 79 Blazer with 350, NP205, and 3 speed manual transmission, quadrajet carb, no AC, no heater, nothing but engine in the forward compartment,

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Does it have emmisions stuff on it? My 81 and 75 are completely different, and I don't know about a 79. AZBlazer has a 79, you could ask him, or you may want to do a search through the forums (use the search in the menu bar). I think there was a similar post awhile back, but I don't remember the outcome. HTH

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com>http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com</A>

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

On tranny, one heat/ac, one PCV, one distributor, ditch the rest.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

hey ARMYED, where do you work on bragg??? ive seen several k5's around, but havent talked to many of the owners.
    we need to get a ride together!

AIRBORNE!!

5. ArmyEd

ArmyEd Registered Member

I'm over in the DISCOM, 307th FSB, you haven't seen mine yet, has been parked for 2 years, now I'm ready to ride but need some help

6. ArmyEd

ArmyEd Registered Member

ok, i have no AC/heat, manual trans, and i already have the one to the HEI, so do i just block them all but the one to HEI?

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hay just got your mail. On a 79 if running stock carb and intake your going to have several lines running to the evap canister. LEAVE them there. They will not hurt performance. If they are missing then you got a problem. The fuel tank is vented to that canister and you may have an issue with that. That carb also has an extrenal vent into that evap canister. If you just plug that top front port on the carb you could end up sucking fuel into the carb around the rear meetering rods. If it's gone find a 85 air cleaner from an engine with an air pump. The air cleaner will have a connection for the air pump to pull air on the front almost directly above the carb vent and you can hook it there. Not sure what you should do about the tank connection.
    Looking at the front of the carb the port on the bottom right goes to the distributor. The one out the passenger side below the choke goes to the Aircleaner flap control. If the EGR is gone then plug the rest. There is also some conections for the heat pipe on the choke. That pipe connects into the top of the rear of the carb. Then it goes to the intake and loops back up to the carb. That needs to be there. That pipe is prone to rusting out so check it. I cannot for the life of me remember what port is for the EGR so if you need to know then post a reply and tomorrow when it's light out I will check my wifes 79. same if you got the evap I'll get you the diagram. Is the vac controls stll there on the water neck? If so that control is prone to cracking at that age and may need to be replaced. I had to replace it on the wifes 79 as well as all new vac lines. Fixed a lot of problems.
    There is a T fitting on the intake behind the carb in front of the distributor. One side conneects to a line that runs through the fire wall near the passenger side hood hinge. A leak at the controls or heater flaps could cause you roblems so check that out also since the A/C box has been pulled. The other side of the T goes to the Cruise control if so equipped.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</A>

Grim-Reaper

8. ArmyEd

ArmyEd Registered Member

wow, thanx for the info, problem is i don't have no cannister, i could probably find it, also i have no heater, i ripped that crap out, i'm sure that litle vacuum tree is there in front of the carb, but nothing is currently connected to it, will also have to check in the a.m.