Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum modulator line

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cj7jeep81, Mar 13, 2003.

1. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

I need to replace the vacuum line going to my modulator (and possibly the modulator itself). Should I just use regular vacuum hose, or should I get something different?

2. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

yea vaccume hose sould be fine. if your modulator is working right it should never tough tranny fluid just hold a vacume. i think the mobulator was 10 bucks or so for my TH350

3. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

I saw autozone had the modulator for $10, but it looks like it might be a pain in the a$$ to replace. I know I need a new line, so I thought I would replace it first. Then when I pull the engine in a few months, I will replace the modulator.

4. Lonnie

Lonnie 1/2 ton status

The modulator is easy to change. Just remove 1 bolt from the holddown & it slides out. When replacing the vac line, you can use rubber, just keep it away from the exhaust. Also there is a raised loop where it connects to the intake for a reason...... this is to help prevent fuel vapors from traveling down the vacuum line to the modulator which will cause the diaphragm to go bad. Keep some type of loop here for this reason.

5. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

Ok, thanks for all the help. I will try to work on it this weekend.