Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum numbers, 87 TBI 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bob87Burb, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

I know this is going to sound retarded, and I used the search function, and came up with nothing. Does anyone have vacuum numbers for this engine? I'm diagnosing a stalling issue that started a while back, checked the vacuum today and it's at 22hg-in. I'm thinking that's a little high. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There's no such thing as too much vacuum. Sounds like it's idling perfect. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

Thanks Tim, I guess I need to start looking elsewhere for the problems.

While I'm here, may as well post about it. I replaced the cap/rotor, plugs and wires a couple months back, just normal maintenance stuff. I also replaced the ignition module because it looked like the original. Better safe than sorry, plus I was trying to eliminate a surging issue. After doing all that stuff, the truck would not stay running. I increased the idle speed so it would, but I still have to do the ghetto "foot on the brake and gas" to keep it running in gear.

No CEL or anything, and the IAC is clean, and only about a year old. Checked the TPS, and it's fine as well.

I'm guessing that it's something I knocked loose while doing the other work, but for the life of me I can't find anything wrong.

I'm going to get a FP gauge in the next couple days, and check that. I have a feeling that the pump was the cause of the surging, maybe it's causing this too?