Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vacuum pump is spitting oil.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by general blaze, Jan 18, 2007.

1. general blaze

general blaze 1/2 ton status

why is this happening. i pulled the vacuum pump off the shaft that drops down into the engine block and there is oil all over the place. oil seems to be coming up the shaft and entering the pump and blowig thru it and leaking all over my motor. the oil is affecting the starter and i am already in need of my third starter in as many months. i am surching online for pumps online but it seems to only come with the pump and not the shaft. my pump seems to work fine with the engine running it creates suction and i have no problems in that area. but oil still comes out the left side of the pump. any one have this problem and what part should i replace the pump or the shaft.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I'll assume you're talking about the 6.2/6.5L diesel... yes?

The vac pump fits in like a dizzy ... donno if there's supposed to be a gasket there, or is the oil coming THROUGH the pump?

-- A

3. general blaze

general blaze 1/2 ton status

ya it is coming up from the block thru the shaft of the pump then exits the left side of the pump where the actual pump is not the shaft. the pump is two pieces the shaft piece and the round pump assembly. i pulled them apart today and there was oil in the pump and all over the inside of the shaft where they meet up. i dont know what side i need to buy the pump or the shaft.

ya 6.2 diesl