Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vacuum routing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 83_k10, Jul 10, 2005.

1. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

Does anybody have a diagram or a pic of a 79 or ? 400 so i can figure out how to run these vacuum lines?any help is greatly appreciated.

2. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

added info

Please!,... :bow:lol, trying to fire this thing up now ,and have been soooooo eager to hear it run. even a pic of your carb and lines would help me more than I got right now.I HAD pics of them before I tore it down but the kids got a hold of the Digi cam and deleted them::doah: ages 5,7, & 8) yes lol I'm very desperate!:D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have it, but it's on my computer at work. PM me and I'll send it to you when I get back into the office next week.

Also, pm muddytazz. I think he has one in .pdf format.

4. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

thank you

:bow: Thank you sooo much! I am so desperate to hear this thing run,this is my first small block build and to hear it running good would be comparable to a kid waking up for christmas and seeing $2000.00 worth of toys! lol:bow:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  5. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

more mass confusion

I am still needing some form of vacuum line diagram and now I have an added problem....for some reason the previous owner put in a push button start rather than replace the faulty ignition and when he pulled the motor out cut the wires for that about 12 inches from the switch.The new problem I'm having isn't the starter or the switch because I have replaced them both.for some reason I'm getting no spark to the plugs,would that have something to do with it?there is a circuit mounted on the firewall with 2 posts(looks factory)by the brake booster. now I have 2 positive cables leading to it, but nothing coming out of it i don't know what was supposed to be on the other side.Since I have never owned a truck before and I didn't pull out the old motor(was left with a cluster&*@% to figure out)and this is a 79 motor going in to an 83 truck I'm a whole lotta confused.Any suggestions?

6. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

Vacuum problem solved, but still getting no fire

Ok now i have the vacuum problem solved (thanks for your patience with it muddytazz) but for some reason I'm still getting no fire to the plugs,i don't know if I'm even getting fire to the coil, isn't there more wires going to the dist than just the one from the bottom of the dist to the coil?my brain is going into overload trying to figure out this dilemma:eek1:

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yes, there should be one wire that supplies 12V, with the key in run, to the dist. cap.

8. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

Thanks all for help

Thank you,I found the white wire that plugs in