Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vacuum system for 85 Jimmyw/350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmydean3, Nov 23, 2001.

1. jimmydean3

jimmydean3 Newbie

Had an underhood fire recently, so I started re-plumbing all the burned vacuum lines in the eng compartment. Only problem is that the diagram on the truck has nothing but abbreviations for the attach points. Only have two lines togo, but they both go to the "VAC BRK TVS". Anybody know what that critter is or where it is in the eng compartment?? Appreciate any advice.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You didn't fill out your profile so I dunno where you're from. I'm in Az and the emission laws are pretty strict, but I got tired of constantly chasing and repairing leaky hoses I finally ripped everythiny off that I didn't need. All I have left is my egr valve and not much else. I replaced my waterneck on the intake manifold so I havent got 37 hoses coming out of there. Check with the emission people and see what you need and don't need. Go from there.

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

3. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Hey John I found my book and it's got all the carbs that came stock. I'll look in there and give ya call. Are yall still tagin Sat night. I got the go ahead from the wifey. If not i can probably do it tonight. Let me know? Triing to set up my trip to Phoenix for next week so call me on the cell. Plus the wife wants to go look at a new vehicle for her. JOY!

Brian
    83 K-5 4" on 35's