Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vacuum thing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PeteH, Nov 8, 2005.

1. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

what attatches to 1 and what hose goes to 2?

...also where does the hose end up that is attatched to the vacuum modulator thing on my tranny(i have a th350)? does it go into the carb or intake port?

..and i thought th350 didnt have a tv cable but i thought i read some threads that some do...is a detent cable the same thing? i looked at my truck and the only thing that looks close goes from the tranny up into the firewall near the column but in no way connects to the throttle bracket for the return...

sorry i might not make sense i'm on a 5 min break from work..well gotta go.

350/th350/np203

2. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

I could be wrong but it looks to me like the cruise control :crazy:

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

That do look like the cruise thingie ... there's a cable that hooks to #1, goes to the accelerator. If memory serves it's remarkably like a ceiling fan pull chain, little balls on a string. (Ben-wa cruise control, hahahahaha :doah: )

And then #2 is vacuum somewhere, yeah.

-- A

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

That is the vacuum/solonoid.
    #1 goes to the TBI or Carb
    #2 is attached to a vacuum line. On the other end of that vacuum line you will find the "Continuum Transfunctioner" or whatever the hell that thinkg is called????

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

LOL ... great movie reference! "First you pleasure us, THEN we give you the contiunuum transfunctioner..."

As opposed to the vacuum modulator on the tranny, which always makes me think of Marvin The Martian and his Explosive X-21 Space Modulator...

-- A

6. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

ok..so if it is a croooose control thing, i guess its getting tossed,(i dont have it anyways)

but still have the question bout the 'vacuum modulator'. the line from the tranny goes up toward the carb, but then what happens to it? goes to the intake port?

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Vacuum modulator..

The vacuum modulator goes to the intake manifold port right behind the carb on most chevy small blocks,there is a factory "T" fitting,it plugs on the top of it..if there isn't one,hook it to a manifold vacuum source (any one that has suction at idle.)

Hmmm--when I watched Bugs Bunny cartoons,Marvin The Martian was going to use the "Uruudiem P-236 Explosive Space Modulator" to blow up the earth!..maybe he upgraded to the "Ex 21 Space Modulator" when they made the Looney Tunes more "politically correct"..

I always got a kick out of the "10,000 instant Martians,just add water" dispenser they had on that cartoon..--and the way Marvin would pace back and forth,saying :you're making me VERY angray!- Huff-Puff-- :p:

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Looks like the cruise control thingy to me.