Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

valve body th350 question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, May 2, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

i have a valve body kit for my trans and ive had it for a long time. heres the reason for it not being in there lmao. i dont know how to get the little pins out to get the springs out to put the new ones in, i have certian color that i want to put in for firmer shifts and also i have to drill a hole i believe like 3/32 or something, i will have to get directions out to confirm that, i have rebuilt this trans but i left the valve body alone due to im a tard and dont know how to take it apart hahaha. is there a special tool or something, please help me out grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

As I recall from doing a few quite some years back, you can either grab the roll pin a(inside the valve bore) with needlenose pliers and move them down, or/then use a screwdriver blade as a wedge to push them out far enough to grab with regular pliers.

3. 85mudbogger

k i have a junk valve body so im gonna experiment ur method so i dont break anything lmao. i seem to always break stuff.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The roll pins aren't in there *that* tight, you just want to push them straight up and out, no sideways pressure or you are just making it harder on yourself. :)

5. 85mudbogger

oki doki, i just seen that like 6 months ago when i built my trans and i didnt want to screw my vb up so i figured let it go for now and research it first. thanks for your help.