Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Valve cover question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigcat44, May 2, 2005.

1. bigcat44

bigcat44 Registered Member

I am going to change my stock 89 TBI valve covers for some billet alum ones. When facing the engine the current stock covers have 2 holes on the drivers side (one for the oil cap, and one for a breather tube that went on the stock air intake). The passenger side has one hole that has a tube that runs from the valve cover to the front of the TBI. My question is this, on the new valve covers they only have one hole on each and it came with a breather assembly that sticks up out of the valve cover. I am planning on using the stock oil cap on the drivers side hole and the passenger side is the problem. What is the stock hose (looks like a pcv valve??) used for and can I use the aftermarket breather assy in it's place?

2. bigcat44

ttt? Has anyone with TBI run aftermarket valve covers? If so do you have any pics of the engine compartment?

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    Take a look at my engine (it's in my sig). There is only 1 hole in each cover. You put the oil in the breather hole on the pass side of the engine.

It would be best if you did not use a oil fill cap. Just use the breather :D
    Thanks
    Adam

4. bigcat44

Checked the pic and from what I can tell I have more room on my driver's side because all my AC crap is on the pass side as opposed to your's. But what do you have on your driver's side in the hole?