Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

valve cover ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, May 18, 2004.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

I know that GM makes those sbc cast alum. valve covers with ther name in raised letters and they have no hole for breather,pvc,or the oil fill cap. now my ? is how do you get all those jobs done with out putting the holes in them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    thanks for the /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Those are racing covers, you must machine your own venting system, just like race teams. I know in the 50's and 60's there was a vent tube on the intake manifold, but those intakes would not flow as good as today's designs. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I bought aftermarket chrome covers for a previous car i had, found out after they were installed, that there was no opening for the oil fill, so i removed them, and bent up the inner baffles for the breather hole and just used that for the oil fill opening also.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I got those valve covers, except in BB application. I drilled 3 holes. One is ooil fill (put in push in breather) one is PCV, and 3rd is a pushin breather/PCV combo.

5. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

dose any one know where to maching the opening for the breather and dose not the motor need the pvc.?
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif