Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

valve cover

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Jul 31, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I grabed a beautifull pair of valve covers off a older suburban at the local yard, and diddnt even realize it untill i started cleaning em up at home that they didnt have any holes in em, for breathersm, pcv, or oil fill types of things. Anyway is any of that crap needed? And if not, how then would you put oil in it? Or was the fansy valve covers what brought this burb to the yard?

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

If you rig is using a PCV valve, you'd better drill the new cover out and buy a grommet. DOn't go without a PCV valve or a breather of some sort. And if there's no way to put oil in the motor, what are you gonna do if you're down a litre? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i had to use a hole saw to drill the holes for the oil filler and pcv on mine when i got them, the parts guy said there were knock outs for them but they didnt knock out and i didnt want to beat up a nice set of covers, so i drilled instead