Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Valve seals

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Jan 14, 2002.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Ok, I know most of the hype on this question.
    Im replacing the old style with the umbrella type seals. I was reading through the Haynes manual and my "how to rebuild your 350 chevy motor" and they both refer to the umbrella seals. But one says that the umbrealla type seals are MOST often used in conjunction with the flat type seals. Is this true or not for my stock application?
    Also, just to verify, the seals (umbrella style) go on after the retainers not between the umbrella and the retainer, correct?
    So this would be valve, spacer, spring, umbrella, retainer, umbrella seal, then the the lock ring thingy.........
    All I know is the umbrella seals that the guy gave look nothing like the stock seals in the pictures I've seen.

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mccords.s5.com/myk5/index.htm>NashvilleK5</a>