Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

valvoline throttle body cleaner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudRebel350, May 21, 2000.

1. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Today i used the stuff on my truck. At first the truck wouldnt even crank over after i sprayed it in there. Then after pumping the gas pedal a few times it fired up and ran rough, then it all burned off and runs fine know. I wanted to know if anyone else had the problem where the truck wouldnt even crank over?

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Uhhhhh well sounds like you flooded it out with the cleaner. You sure your not supose to spray that stuff down the throat while it was running? That would keep any large amount from pooling and possibly hydrolocking the engine. Just short sprays like you do with carb cleaner. That way the varnish and crud are burned and sent out the exhaust.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

3. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

it says on the can to spray it with the engine not running and the ignition off. I tend to follow directions when it involves vehicles so I don't know what the deal was with that. I used it on a chevy celebrity i was driving for a while and it didnt do that, also considering all the stuff that is sprayed in there comes out due to the way the throttle body is angled.