Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Van 14ff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Heavymetal, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know this has been asked a million times before, and I've done the search thing, but I can't find the answer I want. Which is, will a chevy van 14 bolt full floater bolt directly into my 3/4 ton burb? Will the spring pads match up without any relocation? I was just going to get spacers for my axle, but at $85 each I might as well get a van axle and sell mine. Thanks for any input.

Mike.

2. FSJeeper

FSJeeper 1/2 ton status

How much wider is the 3/4 ton 14 bolt FF over a normal truck one?

3. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I could be corrected, but I believe the van's 14 bolt is 2 inches wider than any truck's 14 bolt. I have seen some threads about this when considering the difference between the wider front and more narrow rear stance of our blazers.

4. Heavymetal

My understanding is that a van's rear axle is 3 inches wider than a standard truck axle, which would make it the same width as the front. Please corecrt me if I'm wrong anyone.

Mike.

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It won't bolt up. The spring perches and shock mounts will have to be moved.

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Mikey, the OBH group buy on the spacers cost me $132 for a pair delivered to my door. Decent price if you need them.

7. Heavymetal

I was going to do that but the guy never got back to me. Can you still get them? Who do I need to talk to? I don't have any way to relocate the spring perches, so I may have to go that route after all.

Thanks,
    Mike.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Call Chris at Performance Wheel 303-762-8875 and tell him you are in on the Oregon Bushhacker's group buy. He'll take care of you.

9. Heavymetal

Thanks Frank, I will do that tommarrow./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks again,
    Mike.

10. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i called and told them i was from the CK5 and he charged like 130+shipping, and that was over 3 weeks ago, and i have yet to see them. called them after 10 days and was told they were on the table to be drilled and should have them in about 5 days. called back twice before someone returned my call, and was told they just got the material in, and i said how were they on the table to be drilled if you just got the material, and they said "who told you that?", and i said "chris", and they said he is no longer with them, and i should have them in a few days, that was 5 days ago, and still no spacers. kind of dissapointing for a company that Colorado K5 recommends. I will say that the guy i spoke with apologized for the delay, but i still "AIN'T GOT NO SPACERS".
    just my frustration showing
    chris

11. Heavymetal

Thanks for the heads up.

Mike.

12. steve_97

steve_97 Registered Member

I have a 73 k5 running a '76 1 ton van 14 ff, I had to change spring pads and shock location. About a 3 inch difference.