Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Van Captain chairs in K10

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Sep 10, 2006.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Hmm...Not quite sure how to go about this. Anyone done it? I don't know if I should start with K5 bucket mounts and mount them on there or directly to the floor. Hmmmmm

I have a bench now...not even sure i wanna get rid of that. [I'm 17.] :haha:

2. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

huh im wanting to do the opposit of what your doing...im 16:D im pretty sure it can be done though. youll probaly have to drill holes in your floor.

3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

keep the bench, youll regret those captains. trust me ;)

4. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

get the seats you want first... if they are tall enough bolt them to the floor ;)

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

get the pedastals too..

My friend put some conversion van custom seats in his K5--he used the custom "swivel" pedastals they sat on in the van,had to cut them shorter and weld them back together..he's the only guy with swivel seats in a K5 that I saw around here!..

I suppose you could re-work the original stock seat bases used in vans in a similar fashion if you dont care about them swiveling..cut them down and at the right angle,then weld them back together,bolt them to the floor..you might want to add some angle iron under the floor, where the seat bolts go, to stiffen things up better..:crazy:

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Agreed. The bench easily leans out of the way or can be taken out. You never know when you need either of those.

7. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

I got my chairs for my k5 out of a ford windstar. 2 out of the 4 bolts lined up. I just took the whole chair and mounts out of the van and put them in. Might be able to do the same thing with yours.