Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Van width 14 bolt full floater

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZooMad75, Nov 8, 2004.

1. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have searched for a while in CK5 on van 14 bolts and the only thing I came up with is that they are 4" wider than K5's and trucks. Is this true or more or less? I'd love to make up the difference in wheel tracks front to rear and ugrade to a full floater in one shot. I know where there might be one and will be going to measure it this week some time.

I do know that the sring perches are in the wrong spot for a K5 and will need to be moved. Anything else need to get "adjusted"? Shock mounts? I've heard that the G-van centersections are mounted more to the right (pass) side than a truck because the whole drivetrain is mounted to the right of center for more driver foot room. Anybody heard of that?

I guess I'll find out when I measure it, but wondered if anybody and tried this.

Thanks!

2. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

3. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats exactly what I was looking for. It says, 70 inches for a van axle. I'm going to measure anyway. Seems like the right way to go to gain a couple inches in track to even up with the front.

Thanks!