Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vancouver, BC... need a Q-jet/Rochester carb shop

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

I have some friends who will be in Vancouver in August for a few weeks. I want them to pick me up a new or GOOD rebuilt Q-jet for my 84 and bring it back to Korea. Any one with info on carb shops in the area? Thanks!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Ben, are you looking for something like the Edelbrock 1904? Or a shop that does custom Q-jet rebuilds?

The 1904 is pretty easy to find around here...and I can check around if you want a carb professionally built.

Rene

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I believe Ben Malinski can do a good rebuild on a Q-jet. Why do you want a new carb? They're pretty fun to tune. Do you have a differernt cam or intake, or stock? If stock, then its even easier. The kits pretty much have all the directions you'd need.

4. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

I suppose rebuilding would be fun. But, not where I am at. We have no shops over here, Korea, that can work on American cars. If I start rebuilding the carb and screw it up, I can't just walk down to the parts store and get help. Having a new one allows me the piece of mind that chances are good that I'll have no problems with it. I have gone the rebuilt path many times with this carb. It only seems to last a year or so before I need another. I need a back up carb and never have gotten around to getting one. I have tried messing with it and give up. I tried adjusting the air/fuel mixture using a vacuum gauge and get conflicting advice on where to plug the line to!

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

why does it say Van BC in title if you are in Korea?

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

dude if you pay attention to where the [censored] goes its real hard to screw up, i rebuilt my 850 edelbrock q-jet, and put smaller jets in it, it was a cake walk pretty much, just pay attention where the [censored] goies, write it down draw a picture if you have to, theres not that many parts in the carb, a lot less then i figured, heh,

7. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Re: M J

Read the original post to figure out why it says Vancouver and not Korea.

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Re: M J

so what do you whant?
    your buddy gonna do the leg work and you want directions where to send him?
    you want one of us to do the legwork?
    we have a dragstrip here so you can get anything you need.
    we have local blower shops, carbs shops, several famous chassis shops (one was highlighted building a Comp type car in Natioal Dragster for a eastern US champion).
    it is here if you need it