Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vancouver's Finest? wtf?!!!?!?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jan 10, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Lemme start off with a disclaimer:

I really like cops. Their presense deters crime... their investigations gather evidence needed to convict criminal scum and they put their lives on the line as sure as our great military men/women do.

That said, lets get to my beef with the local fuzz. I get to work today and not an hour goes by before my wife calls, with panick in her voice. She says 2 large black guys are pounding on the door and she's freaking out. When she doesn't answer the door, she sees one of them walking in our grass around our house but lost track of the other one. I can't come to her aide because I'm 45 mins away (rush hour traffic), just started work and I don't drive a car to work. Anyway, I quickly tell her to not answer the door, stay away from the windows, get the gun, call my dad (lives 1-2 mins away), call the cops and to quit talking to me so she can get it done! She hangs up.

A few mins later, I call my dad to make sure everything got communicated clearly enough because my wife was naturally upset. Anyway, he got the message, and with his Colt Combat Commander .45, a few extra mags and his big maglight, he was on the scene in less than 3 minutes. This was a really good thing and if something bad was going to happen, probably would have "saved the day". I've never been so glad that I live close to mom/dad, even when I borrow my dads tools without asking. :grin: Anyway, dad gets down there... and doesn't see any thugs in the area. He talks to my wife for a min on the cell phone to let her know that he is there and that he's gonna look around on foot and to keep an eye out the windows to be his "backup". He walks around, searches the premises pretty good and doesn't find a trace of anyone.

My wife calls me back. She tells me she didn't call the cops cause she wasn't sure if she should or not. I told her to call 'em ASAP and then call me right back... which she does. Turns out that the last time my wife saw them, they were headed towards the neighbors house. Our neighbor is actually my landlords ex-hubby... he's an old dude and a very nice man who's frequently home alone and his house is quite a ways from anyone else's. The first thing that pops into my head is "if these two guys are home-invasion psycho killer types, that poor old guy might be laying on his living room floor bleeding right now while those thugs look for his stash of cash". Not good! I tell me wife this and she lets me go so she can call our landlord. Landlord isn't home.. but her new hubby is and it takes a while for my wife to communicate what is going on. At long last he gets it and tells my wife that he'll have my landlord call over there ASAP to make sure everything is OK and to ask if he has seen anyone strange. Having done pretty much everything we think we can do, my wife then sits in our house, H&K USPf in hand talking to me on the phone while waiting for the fuzz.

So we talk... and we wait... and we wait some more. Finally, a female cop calls my wife direct. Turns out she's on her way over and wants a sit-rep before she arrives. Wife passes on what she knows and tells the chick cop that she's concerned about our elderly neighbor etc. Cop says "Im on my way!" and hangs up. So we talk some more... and some more. Finally, after more than an hour has gone by a lone cop shows up in her car. She pulls up to my house... never gets out of her car... talks to my wife for 15 seconds and then proceeds to drive down the road to the neighbors. When she gets down that way, she doesn't stop... doesn't get out... doesn't knock on the door... doesn't shine her neat little spotlight... NOTHING. She proceeds to circle around the neighbors little "turn around" driveway and leaves. Doesn't stop to talk to my wife again... nothing... just drives off leaving my wife standing there in the dark with 2 possible perps lurking in the shadows and one potentially dead neighbor not even checked on.

15 mins later, the landlord calls... turns out she did get ahold of the ex and the 2 guys turned out to be selling magazine subscriptions (which is certainly a possible method of gaining entry for home invasion!) and they were OK. Thank God for that.

The problem with this happy-ending story though, is the cops. Seriously, those two dudes could have rushed the old guy next door... killed him and been sitting on his couch, with blood all over them watching his TV and this female cop wouldn't have has a damn clue. An hour later, the same two thugs could have come over to my house, overpowered my small/weak wife and done god-knows-what to her. Someone who is/was a cop please tell me that this cop was an idiot and that that kind of non-action is your SOP.

Anyway, Im obviously happy with the end-result of all this drama but am seriously concerned with how the 911 portion of it played out. As a result, we have changed my house's enemy-action plan from...

1) get gun
    2) call cops
    3) call friends/neighbors for help

to more of a...

1) get gun
    2) call mom/dad
    3) barricade yourself as best you can / prepare to ward off attackers
    4) call cops when you get around to it cause it ain't gonna matter anyway.

:mad:

j

2. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Thats pretty messed up man. It has been said before, but the only way to get them there quick is to say someone has been shot.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no, that's false informing. and you can go to jail for it. "i think i just heard gunshots" always works though, because you can always be mistaken. :D

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

my ex wife found (while we were married) that the fastest ways to get cops to a location while on the phone is to yell "for god sake he cant breathe let go of his neck) and they will get there REAL fast. they didnt seem to mind that i was choking the ever living hello out of a kid who brok into my house either.... nice guys. got there in like 2 min.
    Grant

5. jekbrown

yeah, I hear ya. Im not as concerned about the time it took to get there because I've heard enough true stories to know that unless you are super lucky (cop happens to be close and doing nothing) you are most likely "on your own" when the bullets start flying. Cops basically just show up to get evidence for the court room at that point. What really bothers me is how the cop showed up and did absolutely zilch. Driving down a road, turning around and leaving the premisis is not what I would call "checking things out".... or "protecting and serving".

IMO, at the VERY least she should have knocked on the neighbors door, chatted with anyone that answers to see if everything is OK and then come back and talked to my wife to make sure she was OK and that she knew everything was cool after talking to the neighbor. Just driving off and leaving my wife standing in the dark with 2 possible perps lurking around is ****in BS.

Where is Bubba? Time for da' man to tell us how he would have handled this...

j

6. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

ok then don't say someone has been shot, just say that if you see the perps before the cops get there, they WILL be shot.

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Let's be a little fair. The problem was with that cop. Not all cops would've necessarily done what she did. And, I'd comment on why, but I'd be accused of being politically incorrect......:rolleyes:

8. jekbrown

Ok, this is true... i shouldn't have put the "s" on the end of "cop". Point still remains. I know it takes a lot out of your starbucks and dohnut time to go knock on the neighbors door to chit chat for 2 mins but come ON!

j

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We love it when you're not politically correct.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, I work in an area that most people have guns and well by God use them. I had a call like this last summer and I just happened to be about a mile down the road which for me, is really lucky since I'm a county dog. My backup is all of about thirty miles away. The RP had the two douchebags in the dirt, scattergun across the shoulder. By the way, the RP is a criminal defense attorney and one of the douchebags in the dirt was a former client.:D

As for the cop, just what the ****? Those magazine selling folks have had the cops called on them a million times around these parts. I very seriously doubt that they come around anymore.

If that cop was in my department, she would be looking for another job. And since Desert Rat took the high road, I think I'll go ahead and take the low road. Just another example of some PC-inspired horse crap brought to you by NOW, NAACP and whatever other special interest organization that has saddled departments with some bull**** hiring practice standard so these days it's not how much ass a guy can kick or how many drunken ****tards a guy can talk down from being really incredibly stupid or how well one beat cop goes above and beyond, or in the way things should still be, do their ****ing job. It's now "we've got to hire this guy cause he smokes the pole, has a skin color that is not white or we've got to hire this female even though she has absolutely no ****ing command presence, can't tell us the difference between a burglary and a robbery but she can write one hell of a report."

Was there anything I left out Desert Rat????????????????:D

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Welcome to Northern Los Angeles JEK...

12. jekbrown

nah, in Northern LA I couldn't have as many cool guns. :grin: cop response would prolly be similar though...

good post bubba.... somehow I thought it would be something like that. Most cops Ive dealt with were very good and professional... this chick last night has left me very disalussioned with the Vanc PD tho...

j

13. Desert Rat

Nah, that pretty much says it all.......:wink1:

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Should I add in that yesterday I was around about 150-200 cops and it didn't look like a ****ing DNC Cultural Diversity Conferance??????????????:D

15. Desert Rat

I bet there was a lot of farting, belching, and lying about their sex lives though.....:haha: