Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VC tech

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nerraw117, Jun 17, 2005.

1. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

anyone ever heard of the college VC tech? it is in alabama, and i have heard it is a great auto college. i will be attending it, next year.

steve

2. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I live in AL & never heard of it. I searched and came up with this. Good luck :thumb:

VC Tech Earns Second Master Certification - First Double Certified School in State of Alabama
    BIRMINGHAM, AL – VC Tech, a post secondary automotive training school located in Pelham, has received Collision Repair and Refinish Master Certification from the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, (NATEF) and the National Institute for Automotive Excellence (ASE). To achieve this coveted recognition, the school underwent a rigorous evaluation by NATEF. Currently, VC Tech is the only school in the state of Alabama to receive master certification in BOTH Collision Repair as well as in Automotive, which the college earned in 2004.
    “We are very pleased to now be master certified in both Collision Repair and in Automotive,” says Dick Daigle, President of VC Tech. “Many institutions are unable to MEET criteria in both areas to qualify; we are fortunate to have the instruction, facilities and equipment NECESSARY TO ACHIEVE this certification. VC TECH continues to build credibility and prepare our students in the best possible way for the awaiting job market.”
    To become certified, applying programs must go through a multi-part process that begins with an extensive self-evaluation performed by program instructors, administrators, and advisory committee members. Members of this group compare their program to national standards and have the opportunity to make improvements before submitting self-evaluation documents to NATEF. Self-evaluation materials are then reviewed to determine if the program qualifies for an on-site evaluation.
    If the program qualifies, an Evaluation Team Leader (ETL), an educator certified by ASE and trained by NATEF, is assigned to the program and an on-site visit is scheduled. When industry requirements are met, the program will become certified for a period of five years. VC Tech’s MOST RECENT certification was awarded on May 27th by letter from NATEF. VC Tech is the 65th school in the entire United States to earn dual certification.
    Dick Daigle added; “During the past few months, we have worked closely with NATEF to make certain our programs did indeed meet the strict industry standards and we are now proud to join the ranks of the ASE certified training programs in both automotive and collision/refinishing. Our students will receive a quality education while potential employers will be assured of getting quality job applicants.”
    About NATEF
    NATEF was founded in 1983 as an independent, non-profit organization with a single mission: To evaluate technician training programs against standards developed by the automotive industry and recommend qualifying programs for certification (accreditation) by ASE.
    The NATEF process has resulted in certified automotive training programs in all fifty states at the secondary and post-secondary levels. NATEF also evaluates the providers of in-service technician training programs under a program called Continuing Automotive Service Education (CASE).

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Rumor around school is that VC Tech was started by former Wyotech Employees who were dissatisfied with Wyotech. Just a rumor.

I'm actually starting to like Wyotech a bit more now. Things are winding down in my hard course. I've learned a hell of a lot more than I realized I would.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Only VC I've heard of was those fish head eating fools Victor Charlie............. :mad: