Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vehicle Cut off Ideas...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Corey-88K5, Apr 6, 2000.

1. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I was thinking of the questions presented before about vehicle security issues. Here is a couple ideas. I'm sure that everybody knows that if you don't wear your seatbelt the little light on the dash stays lit or the buzzer buzzes for a few seconds after starting the vehicle. Well why not use it as a starter kill device? I'm sure there has to be a circuit out or available that will count down after being started/grounded, and you can't get out of your vehicle with out undoing your seatbelt, so when you get out of your vehicle, the vehicle will either stall shortly afterward, or won't start unless its connected. Just a little idea. I haven't looked into anything yet, just thought somebody may know of a system that could use this as a initatior. Seems like it would be a better idea than a "hidden switch"

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I always drive with my headlights on so I was thinking of using that as the "hidden switch". If you don't turn the lights on within a couple minutes and the truck shuts off. I'm also making a circuit that drops the gas guage to E at the same time.

Joe
    88 Jimmy

3. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Ya know Corey, after reading your post I'm wondering why the entire car/truck industry doesn't already have that as a mandate. I mean there's some newer cars with like 5 air-bags. Why don't they put something like you are suggesting on it. Sure would help people to remember to buckle-up.

But it is kinda funny thinking that if the would-be theif was just a little safty conscience he'd get to start the truck.

Does anyone see a safety problem with just splitting into the gas pump line and putting a hidden toggle switch in? There isn't a situation where it might make an unwanted spark in the tank would it.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com