Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vehicle speed sensor Q?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by foxman, Nov 12, 2001.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

While playing around with a scanner tool (on my 90 K5 350 fi), I came up momentarily with a vehicle speed sensor code that said that it short curcited. the idle began to rev high and then went back to normal. I cleared all the codes and it hasn't acted up since. I think that this might be contributing to my delayed/irratic shifts. Has anyone had one of these go bad? Where are they? Can you get the new speed sensor at any normal auto parts store? Thanks for reading and for all the help!!!

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I was reading something the other day that said 90(?) was the first year of electonic GM speedos in trucks. Also mentioned the VSS drives those speedos. I believe that the VSS on yours is on the transmission or transfercase, where a speedometer cable would normally be.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?