Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vehicle Storage in Portland Area

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BlazerFarm, Nov 14, 2004.

1. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Well, my relocation is finally happening after 13 months. I am being transferred to the Portland area (job in Tigard) by my company. I’m currently in Marysville, WA, north of Seattle. I’m really looking forward to being able to get on some trails with some of the Portland area CK5 members.

Unfortunately, it is short timing and I have to start working on 12/1 in Tigard. So I have to get an apartment for 6 months or and then I’ll be buying a house. However, I have two non-running 70s K5 Blazers that I know that they aren’t going to let me park at an apartment. Both are complete but again, non-running. One is a truck that I have owned since 1980 and the second one is a parts truck for restoring the first. So, any ideas on how I can store these two trucks for about 6 months? Does anybody know of a place around Portland that does vehicle storage? My apartment will be in Beaverton. I don’t mind paying since it will be for a relatively short time. Does anyone that has some extra room want to make some extra money per month for letting me store the two trucks at their place? It’s just been a little difficult arranging this from a different state since I don’t really know the area down there very well. Any advice is really appreciated.

I really look forward to meeting many of you after my move down. I have a 1990 Blazer that used to be, ironically enough, an Oregon Parks Department park ranger truck that I have been working on and using on pretty tame trails. I’ve owned Blazers for 26 years but would still consider myself a newbie in the off-roading world. There weren’t too many opportunities in the flatlands of West Texas where I lived for my first 33 years.

I’m posting this on both the OBH board and the CK5 list so sorry if you get it twice.

Thanks a lot,
    --Don Childers

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

give me a call... I could use some extra $$ a month and I have some extra room... plus I would love to piss off my neighbors /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

360 518 3500

3. BlazerFarm

Sent you a PM.

4. k2-k5

k2-k5 1/2 ton status

I have some room if you don't mind them being outside.

5. BlazerFarm

Thanks. Sent you a PM.

6. BlazerFarm

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I was able to find a place in Hillsboro not far from where I'll be living for $50 a month. Rick's Fencing on TV Hwy.

Thanks again,
    --Don

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

thats just a couple miles from my folks place also... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif