Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Velvet-ride and sag.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fisher1648, Jun 24, 2002.

1. fisher1648

fisher1648 Registered Member

I'm looking for anyone with the velvet-ride shackles on a K5 - did it sag after install - any drop at all compared to before the VR shackles. Their website it "might" sag between 1/2 to 2 " !!

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

PM Doug W (AZBLAZER) - he had them on his K5 at one time.........

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I read something (in a mag I think) that said it made a 2001 Chevy 3/4 ton sag 1 1/2" unloaded. Well, that would take care of the rake in a stock truck, but in a lifted truck (where the rake is removed by the unequal front vs. rear lift) that would suck. Don't look worth it to me.
    -- Mike

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

They droped the rear of my 1 ton 1.5"s but I wanted that. Also improved the ride alot.

5. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

They dropped the rear of my 1 ton tow truck by about 3/4- 1 inch. I added a 1 inch lift block to compensate. They do help the ride a lot in my opinion...but, I still wonder what will happen when the rubber starts to wear out. The back end will probably sag more and more. But then again, I've had em for 3 years without sagging more...HMMM. JT