Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vent hole on my th350?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jaden, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Jaden

Jaden Registered Member

Truck is now spewing tranny fluid out around the fill tube after I shut the truck off I have been told that it can be caused by the vent hole possibly being clogged. Any ideas greatly help as I cannot keep fluid in this thing.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

This is something you need to take care of soon!
    http://coloradok5.com/blazerfest2.shtml About half way down is a pic of my truck...same thing happened (I also had some water in the tranny). The breather is on the driver side twards the top. It is just a little L-shaped tube that points down.

Also...Are you running a tranny cooler? If not you should. I have a B&M...the stacked plate type are the best (like B&M).

3. Jaden

Jaden Registered Member

I am running a tranny cooler so I am taken care of there. Also the fluid coming out looks perfect no burning and no contaminants so I think once I get this resolved it will be good to go.

4. BANKO

BANKO Registered Member

This is a real pain in the butt. I had this happen on my Chevelle when I swapped a tranny out of another vehicle that had been sitting for a long while. In my case a mud wasp found a home in the vent tube. I noticed the issue when the tranny would build up pressure and spew fluid out of the filler tube. The obivious remedy is to unclog the vent tube on the passenger's side. The best way would be to remove the tube but this can be challenging when the tranny is installed in a vehicle. I used a thin copper rod to unclog the vent tube and then followed up with using compressed air to blow out the remaining material. After this was done, I never again had the issue occur. I hope this helps.

-Josh

5. BANKO

BANKO Registered Member

This is a real pain in the butt. I had this happen on my Chevelle when I swapped a tranny out of another vehicle that had been sitting for a long while. In my case a mud wasp found a home in the vent tube. I noticed the issue when the tranny would build up pressure and spew fluid out of the filler tube. The obivious remedy is to unclog the vent tube on the passenger's side. The best way would be to remove the tube but this can be challenging when the tranny is installed in a vehicle. I used a thin copper rod to unclog the vent tube and then followed up with using compressed air to blow out the remaining material. After this was done, I never again had the issue occur. I hope this helps.

-Josh

6. BANKO

BANKO Registered Member

-Josh

7. Jaden

Jaden Registered Member

Ok now I am confused is the vent on the drivers side or the passenger side? I found a small hole at the top of my tranny driver side but it looks like it is just a hole there is no tube or anything on it? HELP!!!