Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vent line ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, Apr 4, 2001.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna run new vent lines in the next couple days. What inside-diameter tubing do I need to get? I have stock 10-bolts, 208, and 700R4. Speaking of the trans, where is the vent on the trans?
    Thanks

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

It's been a while since I did it, but 3/8 keeps popping out at me...but you better measue first! When I did the rear, I drilled a hole in the floor next to the gas filler neck "bulge" back there, and then ran the vent line along the filler neck, through the floor and attached to the roll bar (used the GM type valve on the end and also silicon-ed the hole so water can't get in. For the front I just ran it all the way up to the left headight area, as high as I could get it (I guess you could also drill a hole or find one in the firewall and route it inside, but I didn't think that was necessary)

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

3/8 ID sound right to me also. On the rear I didn't want the gear oil stink making it in the truck when the hard top is on. On one truck (79 with gas door) I just ran it up becide the fuel neck and used a clamp and screwed it there so Water would have to be above the gas fill. The 75 I ran up behind the tail light as high as it would go. The front is not to bad of place. It's pretty hight on the core support but you can move it up some more and check the condition of the lower hose into the axle. The case and tranny I have run up the fire wall and used a Japaneses gas filter off like a 86 Carrola front wheel drive non FI car as caps to keep dust out. These are zip tied to the brake booster mounting bracket.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks for the info. So does anyone know where the vent is on the 700R4?

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

5. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

There is a little plastic vent on the top of the 700r4, way on the top right about in the center maybe a little towards the front. I had a friend get me neumatic tubing with these stainless steel connectors, I ran all of the vent lines into one and ran it right next to the air cleaner. Good luck hope this helps.

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com