Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vent Tube on a 700r4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbluethunder, Oct 12, 2002.

1. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

where is it...anyone got a pic. i spent half an hour today up underneath the truck trying to find the darn thing with no luck.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

On top of the tranny, about 1 inch right of the centerline, about 9 inches back from the front edge of the bellhousing. It's almost straight above the cooling line connections on the right side. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. txbluethunder

cool...thanks

4. txbluethunder

ok, so i found the vent tube....and it broke off in my hands...(fawking plastic piece of $hit). is this something that i can just pull the rest of the plastic out and replace or is it pushed in from the inside and i need to do some serious work to replace it.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

It pulls out from the outside. Yes, they are cheap and do little more than control the direction of the oil spray if you vent it. I would say pull the rest of it out and put a better one in. I would like to see it go up higher on the vehicle for a vent, but make sure that it is located so that the ATF goes somewhere safe if it squirts. You especially don't want it on hot exhaust components.

I have been meaning to run my Tcase, Tranny and diff vents up to the top of the engine compartment sometime. Maybe if you mess with the tranny vent, now would be a good time to do all 4?

6. txbluethunder

thats actually what i'm doing...i ran one from teh rear axle to the front, t'd it to the front axle and then up to the firewall where it attaches to a cheap little fuel filter. i'm running the t-case and going to t my transmission in to it and then run that to the firewall with the fuel filter. of course everything vent tube is metal except the one that's a pain in the a$$ to get to.